Search our Library of Resources
USU resources is a portal to share the best and promising practices of efficient, effective, and innovative models to foster student achievement.
Our goal is to identify, assess with appropriate metrics, and disseminate substantive, scalable best practices along the continuum of efforts that support student success and degree completion.
This portal is under construction but when it is complete will include practices universities are implementing along the student success continuum.
The information has been sorted in to the following categories:
Student Success Continuum
1. Pipeline: What does it take to prepare students for college?
- Recruitment Efforts
- Partnerships (with K-12 and 2-year institutions)
- Remediation/transition support
- Dual enrollment between colleges and community college and high school partners (e.g., credits, degrees)
2. Retention: What does it take to keep them?
Student Learning, Effective Teaching and Student Engagement through High Impact Practices
- Learning assistance
- Course structure (e.g., hybrid, on-line)
- Effective pedagogy
- Classroom engagement
Alternative delivery options:
- Short courses, certificates
- Prior learning assessments
Co-curricular (e.g., first-year seminars, learning communities, service learning, undergraduate research, capstone projects, study abroad)
- Financial Issues
- Financial Aid
- Campus work study and other jobs
- Mentorship and Advising
- Social Integration and Campus life
- Academic Policies
- Data for Action (using data for everyday decision making)
3. Success: What does this look like and how do we measure it?
- Data, metrics, and learning outcomes
- Time to completion
- Rate of return for students on their investment
- Jobs, advanced degrees